I have lived off of these taquitos for the last four weeks. I tested them until they were perfect and then made them for our family dinner on July 4. Multiple times later, I have them down to a science—and we’re still not sick of them! The Best Instant Pot Chicken Taquitos will for sure live up to the hype. They would be an ideal fuss-free meal for back-to-school week, and you can even freeze some of the filling for another night.
the best instant pot chicken taquitos
2 – 2 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 oz. cream cheese
15 oz. can of spicy black beans
16 oz. of your favorite salsa
24 oz. mild cheddar cheese
6 oz. green chilies
30 6-inch tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place your boneless, skinless chicken breasts in an 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of your favorite taco seasoning on each side and rub it in throughly.
- Place 1 cup of your favorite salsa at the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Nestle your seasoned chicken breasts into the salsa, then pour 1 more cup of salsa on top.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and the steam release valve to seal. Set to high pressure for 10 minutes. The screen will display the word ON while it comes to pressure, which will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Then it will read 00:10 and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Once it reaches 00:00, it will beep, but DO NOT release the steam yet. You will let it naturally release, which means you won’t touch it until you wait for the screen to read LO 00:05 or 00:05 depending on the model you have. Then, release the steam valve; once it drops, take the lid off and remove the chicken to rest on a plate.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the salsa from inside the pot and place in a bowl. Add cream cheese to the salsa to soften, and mix with a spatula.
- Once the chicken has rested, shred it with two forks or use my favorite method of shredding in a Kitchen Aid mixer. Add the shredded chicken back into the cream cheese and salsa mixture. Fold in until thoroughly combined. Add in the green chilies and fold again.
- Now, start rolling your taquitos. Place 2 to 3 tbsp of mixture on the far side of the longest side of the tortilla. Sprinkle drained and rinsed black beans on top along with shredded cheddar. Fold inside the stuffing tightly, and continue to roll 3 to 4 times to ensure they are secure.
- Continue until all taquitos are rolled and placed on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then serve with homemade guacamole and queso!
Follow Alaina’s blog at honestgrubhonestfoodie.com and find her on Instagram @honestfoodie_blog and Facebook and Pinterest at Honest Grub, Honest Foodie.