My Messy Mom Life: 2.10.21
February has me thinking date night for obvious reasons … and COVID has me thinking about staying at home. The two ideas usually don’t mix, but I’m sharing some fun ways to support local businesses and create all the romance or family magic you need this Valentine’s Day.
My lil’ Valentine crew loves going to the movies, and we miss it terribly. With the help of a new local business, you can bring movie theater magic to your own backyard. While it specializes in picnic setups, McKinley River Events has launched an at-home cinema experience. Think drive-in, but better. mckinleyriverevents.com
make a meal together
Many St. Louis restaurants offer creative take-home family meal kits, a step above regular takeout. Here are a few:
- Mission Taco meal kits serve four and are next-level delicious. missiontacojoint.com
- Seoul Taco has a variety of options that are insanely affordable. The gogi bowl kit really caught my eye! You and your family can make Korean rice bowls with different proteins and all of the toppings. seoultaco.com
- A wonderful Greek restaurant with locations on Washington Avenue and in the Central West End, Medina offers Mediterranean shawarma kits. medinagrill.com
- If you are in the mood for barbecue, look no further than Salt + Smoke’s family meal kits. saltandsmokebbq.com
don’t forget dessert
- Clementine’s Naughty and Nice Creamery has heart-shaped hot chocolate bombs—perfect for February! clementinescreamery.com
- For delicious, DIY fun, pick up a Valentine cookie kit from Mary at Townhouse Treats. I have used these for school parties before, and they were the biggest hit. @townhousetreats
- The Cakery in Dogtown offers the most delicious cookie cake featuring its famous buttercream frosting. thecakerybakery.net
Even though things are opening up, a lot of families still feel stuck at home. But that doesn’t mean anyone has to lose the wonder of their favorite holidays! I hope this helps you plan a super special night for your loved ones.
Katelyn Young is a local mom of three (her #crumblycrew) who shares real moments of motherhood as it relates to fashion, food and fun! Follow her on Instagram @_katelynyoung_ or follow her blog at kyleandkate.com.
My Messy Mom Life: 10.6.21October 6th, 2021
My Messy Mom Life: 9.22.21September 22nd, 2021
My Messy Mom Life: Creating Stability in an Unstable WorldAugust 10th, 2021
My Messy Mom Life: 6.23.21June 22nd, 2021
My Messy Mom Life: 5.5.21May 4th, 2021