Getting Real with Food: 5.4.22
These salmon skewers are going to be one of your favorite things to grill this spring and summer. They have the perfect blend of sweet and spicy thanks to a simple homemade marinade. Plus, there’s a lighter sriracha cilantro mayo sauce to drizzle on top. Quick and easy to put together, these will quickly become a family favorite.
Easy Sweet and Spicy Salmon Skewers
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 8 min.
2 lbs. Atlantic salmon
½ c. sweet chili sauce
¼ c. sriracha
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil
½ tsp. salt
Sriracha Cilantro Mayo:
½ c. mayo
¹3 c. Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. sriracha
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- With a sharp knife at a 45-degree angle, cut into the edge of the salmon filet width-wise and cut the filet off the skin. Continue until you are able to gently peel off the rest of the skin. Then cut salmon into one-inch cubes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add sweet chili sauce, ¼ c. sriracha, two cloves of minced garlic, toasted sesame seed oil and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Then place your salmon cubes into the bowl, toss generously in the marinade. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add mayo, Greek yogurt, two tbsp. sriracha, one of clove minced garlic and cilantro. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Turn grill on medium high heat. Place five of the salmon
cubes onto each skewer. Grill for two minutes on each side of your cubes, using tongs to gently turn skewers without having them tear.
- Then take skewers off the grill, drizzle with the sriracha cilantro mayo, and enjoy!
Follow Alaina’s blog at honestgrubhonestfoodie.com and Find her on Instagram @honestfoodie_blog and Facebook and Pinterest at Honest Grub, Honest Foodie.