My Messy Mom Life: 12.1.21
Thanks to crazy shipping delays, there has never been a better time to shop locally. With small business Saturday just around the corner, I’ve crafted a gift guide for all of your holiday shopping.
for mom or grandma
- Cat’s Meow has the most beautiful things from home goods to clothes, and just about everything can be personalized for sentimental value. One of my favorites is a platter you can print grandma’s special recipe on to be passed through generations.
- Vie in Ladue is a gorgeous women’s boutique. I really love its unique jewelry collection and have bought my mom statement pieces there that she will cherish forever.
- I could never pick just one photographer because we have the best of the best here, but a family photo shoot is a gift that will last forever.
for him (including dad)
- St. Louis BBQ store off Watson Road has everything you need to make your favorite grill king’s dreams come true.
- The Normal Brand in Clayton is the perfect stop for the men in your life. Founded by a family in St. Louis, the brand’s clothes are made to wear every day. I can’t wait to grab a flannel for my husband.
- For the dapper guy in your life, Mister Guy provides great dressier options.
for the kids
- Imagination Toys is my go to spot for just about every birthday party. Staffed by toy gurus, you can find everything you need for any age you are buying for.
- Honeycomb is a fairly new shop in the Tower Grove area. You will find aesthetically pleasing and sustainable toys that inspire creativity and thoughtful play.
- Circle of Knowledge has unique toys and educational gifts. They also gift wrap, making it easier for all of us moms!
for pets and pet lovers
- Lola and Penelope’s in Clayton off Forsyth and also in Lamp and Lantern in Town and Country is the premier pet boutique in St. Louis. They have the most unique items and something to make all of your furry friends smile.
for your friends and sister
- Cha Boutique in Ladue not only has on trend clothing, but they also have the cutest jewelry, makeup bags, purses, hats and other adorable bright and cheery gifts.
- Bowood Lane is a local handmade jewelry shop. You can find it in St. Louis boutiques, but you also can shop its website, etsy.com/shop/bowoodlane.
- Step outside the box and give an experience like a facial at the new Rhythm and Ritual Spa in Town and Country.
- Bio Balance offers mini facials and hydrafacials. I love this place!
- For the new mom in your life, check out foxandglow.com for the cutest mama-inspired inspired gifts that will ship locally and arrive on time.
- Sophie’s Protein Bakery offers healthy treats from nutritionist and trainer Debbie Morris. All her treats are delicious but also paleo and gluten- and dairy-free.
- I just recently ordered from Pietite. Oh my gosh! I cannot think of an easier and more delicious gift for anyone on your list.
for teachers or hostess gifts
- Moonbeams in Glendale is a one-stop shop full of cute items like ornaments, platters, candles and much more.
- Straub’s Market offers amazing local baked goods, small gift items and the most beautiful orchids—a great fit for anyone this holiday season!
- Smoke House has the most delicious treats, snacks and gift baskets.
- A loaf of sourdough and jam from KNEAD Bakery is the best gift basket idea ever!
- Kirkwood Popcorn Company offers custom popcorn tins to suit everyone in your life.
for the foodie
- Cornucopia in Kirkwood has all the kitchen gadgets you never knew you needed, quality cookware, beautiful things to set your table and small batch christmas tea and coffee!
- The Kitchen Conservatory offers the best cooking classes and makes a great experience to
- Oo’mämē is probably the best thing to happen to my spice cabinet all year. Founded by Mark Engel, you can find the brand’s oils at Whole Foods or Parker’s Table in Clayton.
Katelyn Young is a local mom of three (her #crumblycrew) who shares real moments of motherhood as it relates to fashion, food and fun! Follow her on Instagram @_katelynyoung_ or follow her blog at thebejuledlife.com.