Getting Real with Food: 7.14.21
Don’t you just love a healthy lunch that you can prep for the entire week? One of my go-tos is this Healthy Chicken Quinoa Potato Salad. It’s super high in protein, so it will keep you full longer throughout the day, whether at work or chasing kids. You might recognize the Modern Greek Dressing, which was used in the Bulgur Feta Salad in my last column. It’s a staple that can be used for multiple meals. Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Quinoa Potato Salad
Modern Greek Dressing
⅔ c light olive oil
⅓ c regular olive oil
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp shallots
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp pepper
- In an immersion blender-safe cup, add all ingredients. Blend quickly up and down for 3 seconds until it becomes a creamy color. Don’t blend too long because you don’t want the oregano flakes to get completely emulsified. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Chicken Quinoa Potato Salad
1 ½ pound mix of sweet potato and Russet potato (about ½ large sweet potato and 1 large russet potato)
1 lbs. Brussels sprouts
2 tbsp garlic ghee
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp pepper
2 c rotisserie chicken
1 c dry tri-colored quinoa
- Layer a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425⁰. Next, chop the potatoes in 1 ½-inch pieces and toss in melted garlic ghee, 1 ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp paprika and ½ tsp pepper.
- Toss potatoes and spread onto parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook quinoa per bag instructions. Place 1 cup of cooked quinoa in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Turn the oven down to 400⁰. Cut your Brussels sprouts in half, and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp pepper and ½ tsp garlic powder. Mix in with the roasted potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes, and let cool on the stove top.
- In the large mixing bowl with the quinoa, add in the rotisserie chicken and potato mixture. Toss it a few times to make sure it’s fully incorporated.
- Drizzle with the dressing, and enjoy right away or cover and marinade for at least an hour.
Follow Alaina’s blog at honestgrubhonestfoodie.com, and find her on Instagram @honestfoodie_blog and Facebook and Pinterest at Honest Grub, Honest Foodie.